Back from Tokyo (more on that later) and there’s a lot to catch up on, so let’s get to it.
- Rochita Loenen-Ruiz has a new story up on Fantasy Magazine “Hi Bugan yi Hi Kinggawan” based on the Ifugao legend. Fantasy Magazine also has an interview with her up.
- Budjette Tan is Author of the Month for April at Powerbooks
- On the topic of horror, Yvette Tan talks to Ige Ramos about ghosts
- Then it’s Yvette’s turn to get interviewed over at Filipinas Magazine
- Gerry Alanguilan and Gilbert Monsanto talk about the hard work involved in creating komiks.
- Gerry also talks about “The Need for Serious Criticism” in the komiks industry.
- Speaking of komiks, Carlo Vergara added a few more pages to the Zsazsa Zaturnnah sequel, Zaturnnah sa Maynila, viewable online. (Bringing the total up to 18)
Now, here are a few new-ish SF fiction markets (via the specficmarkets lj community) and a contest (via email from chiles samaniego):
- Basement Stories
- Giganotosaurus – long stories from 5,000 to 25,000 words, for a flat US$100.00
- The Campaign for Real Fear – FAQ is here – deadline is April 16.
Finally, some events to mark on your calendars (Let me know if I’m missing anything):