The Metro Comic Con is taking place this weekend (August 21-22) at the Megatrade Hall 2 of SM Megamall. Here’s some information and a few links to get everyone ready for the event.
- Schedule of Activities – Saturday seems to have most of the panels (Game Developers, Kartunistas, Veterans) plus the Lifetime Achievement Awards, while the other contests/announcements of winners are on Sunday, along with the voice acting panel. Cosplay is encouraged for both days, but the cosplay contest is on Sunday.
- Guest Artists - There’s also a breakdown of which artists will be available for sketches and signing here.
As far as what komiks will be available/groups will be present at the convention, here’s a partial list, with links.
NON-INDIE TABLES/ EXHIBITORS:
- Bayan Knights Group – List of New Releases: Codename: Bathala #1/2 ; Gwapoman #1 variant and #2; Ang Astiging Boy Ipis #2; Ang Morion #3; Unos Mundos #4; Pag-Asa#4; Sanduguan #7; Kalayaan # 10
- Komikon Table: Will host, amongst others, Point Zero (Kubori Kikiam, Digmaang Salinlahi, Pasig: Epilogue, Cresci Prophecies: Book of Arcen Vol. 1 and 2) and Macoy Tang (School Run, Ang Maskot – I reviewed the latter here.)
- Gerry Alanguilan will be there on Saturday with copies of “Umlauts and Atom Bombs” and “Where Bold Stars Go To Die“.
- Given that he’s one of the organizers, it’s a fair bet that Heubert Khan Michael (Unstoppable) will have a booth as well. Chances are also pretty high that the guest artists like Manix Abrera and Elbert Or will have books for sale as well.
- “A special preview editon of TRESE: Cadena de Amor” will be available at the Metro Comic Con” – from Budjette Tan’s twitter feed
- NEW: Budjette has a list of titles available at the Visprint booth that will be available at the Metro Comic Con: TRESE: CADENA DE AMOR, SONGS OF THE LEWENRI, BATHALA APOKALYPSIS #1
1. Carlo Jose San Juan MD (Callous)
2. Freely Abrigo (Kulas; Kapitan Tog – here’s my review of issue 1)
3. Gio Paredes (Kalayaan)
4. Lady Storykeeper (Realm of Dreams; Dragon Kid – here’s my review of issue 1)
5. Meganon Comics (MAKTAN 1521)
6. Omeng Estanislao (Lipad)
7. Silent Sanctum Manga
8. Atomic Underground
9. Jerrico Barrios (Estrella)
10. Scratch Comics (Zombies in Manila – here’s my review of Issues 1 and 2)
11. Studio KAKOMIKS (Here’s my review of Supervillains, one of their offerings.)
12. Carlo Valenzuela
13. Kai Castillo (Patintero)
14. Greepo Comics Group (Curfew) (Here’s a feature on Gerald “Majic” Asbucan by Macoy Tang)
15. Ghetto Libretto Group
16. CORE Studios (No Parking Comics, Magiting – Raipo reviews both of these at his blog)
17. Decaf Club (Butter Sweet)
18. Kickbackers Group (Prageh Manga Anthology)
19. iNorth (Here’s my review of issues 1-3 of Samurai Scribe, one of the works of the group.)
20. Hazel Manzano (Callwork; Dra. Yap – Raipio has a review of the latter on his blog.)
21. Yo Bo! Komiks
22. MadGear Project
23. Wan Mananita (Ang Morion, Unos Mundos)
24. Rhoseller Quilantang (Goodbye Rubbit, Manila Man)
25. Project Chimera
Mervin Malonzo (Tabi Po) and DJ Legaspi (Baro Investigations) will also be roaming the Metro Comic Con giving away these stickers (in pink) to help promote the Quarterly Bathroom Companion Comics Compendium.