Before I went on the baby-hiatus (a.k.a. Parenting-is-Hard), I received an email from Jin Woo Choi, manager of the International Digital Cartoon department of the upcoming 15th Seoul International Cartoon & Animation Festival. Jin Woo wanted me to pass along an invitation for Filipino creators to submit entries to the 6th International Digital Cartoon Competition which will be held at the event. You can get a copy of the complete rules and regulations here but let me mentions some important points:
- Interested creators can submit in several categories: web cartoons, scroll comics, mobile comics, digital illustrations, and creative stories. (The category names aren’t intuitive, at least not to me, so check the rules for more detailed descriptions.)
- Submissions must be in by April 22, 2011.
- You can enter in more than one category.
- Stories can be in English or Korean.
- Top line prizes come out at 10,000,000 Won which is around 380,000 pesos. Not too shabby!
- Inquiries can be sent to digitalcartoon[at]sicaf.org
Previous winning entries can be found here, for those who want to see what has tickled the judges’ fancies in the past. Good luck to anyone deciding to participate!