We’re only nine days away from the 1st Kwentillion Young Adult Readers Carnival, so it seemed an opportune time for a few things: first, the unveiling of the now official poster for the event – not too much has changed, but if you will notice that one additional line of text…
Yes, similar to what National Book Store does with graphic novels when there’s a big graphic novel launch, to coincide with the YARC, Bestsellers Robinsons Galleria will be having their first ever YA Books Only Sale, exclusively for registered participants in the YARC. Upon registration, participants will be given a coupon for 20% off on all imported Young Adult Titles, valid for a one-time purchase for that day at Bestsellers Robinsons Galleria.
Need more incentive to attend? How about this list of panelists!
For the Kwentillion Panel:
- Chester “elpinoy” Ocampo (Featured Artist)
- Budjette Tan (“The Last Datu”)
- Paolo Chikiamco (“High Society”)
- Hannah Buena (“High Society”)
- Andrew Drilon (“The Secret Origin of Spin Man”)
- Timothy Dimacali (“Skygypsies”)
- John Bumanglag (“Skygypsies”)
- Robert Magnuson (“Poso Maximo”)
For the Philippine Young Adult Creators Panel:
- Mina Esguerra (Interim Goddess of Love)
- Karen Francisco (Naermyth)
- Tepai Pascual (Maktan 1521, Mark 9 Verse 47)
- Charles Tan (“Horror: Filipino Fiction for Young Adults)
- A.S. Santos (The Voices in the Theater)
All this plus, a Book Preview Wall, an Art Wall, and participants get a chance to win a part of Kwentillion history – some of the actual proofs used in the editing and production of Kwentillion #1 (we’ll be giving some away at Saturday’s Indieket as well!). So do mark your calendars – July 21, 1-5PM, Bestsellers, Robinsons Galleria. See you all there!