Call for Entries
3 Anthologies of Southeast Asian Urban Writing:
Deadline for Entries: 31 August 2015.
Editors: Dean Francis Alfar, Khairani Barokka, Marc de Faoite, Cassandra Khaw, Ng Yi-Sheng & Angeline Woon
- Fiction or Creative Nonfiction
- 2000 to 5000 words
- Writers can be from anywhere, but each story must be set somewhere in urban Southeast Asia.
- You must specify which of the 3 anthologies you are submitting for: HEAT or FLESH or TRASH.
- We take non-exclusive print & ebook rights.
- Previously published stuff is fine (as long as you own the right to submit it). Multiple entries are fine. Stuff translated into English is fine.
- Stories that incorporate drawings or photography are fine but images must be b & w and of print resolution.
- Each accepted entry gets US$100 and the creator retains copyright.
- Email your entry to email@example.com as a Word attachment, together with your name and your bio of not more than 50 words.
- Only accepted writers will be emailed by the end of 2015.
- All 3 anthologies will launch in April 2016 at the London Book Fair (which we know is not in Southeast Asia).
* This project has nothing to do with the Andy Warhol movies which had those titles. We just like them. How you interpret the titles is up to you. For example TRASH can be a photo-essay about a garbage collector in Manila or a satirical comedy about trashy socialites in Jakarta or a dystopian parable about androids made out of Bangkok waste.
Fixi Novo is an imprint of Buku Fixi, a Malaysian publisher of pulp fiction. In 2014 it won the Bookseller International Adult Trade Publisher award at the London Book Fair.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title QUESTION(S)